26 May 2015

OMG !?! it’s MINI-LICIOUS


I have recently received some samples and I thought I’d share my take on them. And I actually think I am becoming a bit obsessed with minis!
I think samples (minis!) are a great way of trying out a product; you can trial a product without investing in the full size and subsequently not liking it. Alternatively you can save your minis for when you travel ~ you can save precious space but also pack a small but mighty punch in the skincare department. Here are some of the minis I have got recently and a quick run-through of them.

Now this post may seem a bit heavy on the Clinique front but Clinique is definitely a mini-licious brand!
  • Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream – I got this in a recent gift-with-purchase, I am undecided on this one; it’s a lovely gentle scrub but I personally prefer a more heavy duty scrub. But for everyday gently exfoliation it’s perfect.  
  • Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief – actually features here twice; in the pink tub and the pink tube. I got the tub version in the gift-with-purchase and I actually bought the tube version afterwards! I love this skin hydrator.  It has a wet gel texture, so a little goes a long way. I actually prefer the tube version – it takes up less space and it easier to handle.
  • Clinique All About Eyes – from the above mentioned gift-with-purchase. I love this eye cream/gel. A little goes a long long way, it spreads so easily and it’s cooling and refreshing *sighs * Exactly what you’re looking for in an eye cream.
  • Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream – I haven’t used this yet, I don’t have wrinkles (ya! J) but it’s a think and a marvellous moisturising cream.
  • Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Gel – a free sample from Clinique. I love this; it is a simple face wash that does its job impeccably but doesn’t strip your face and exacerbate blemishes.
  • Kiehl’s Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate – I worship this, you can read my full review here. A powerful serum that packs a mighty zesty punch.
  • Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions All-Over Treatment – I bought this mini from Clinique, I wanted to try it out. It’s a good acne-busting treatment and good to have in my travel arsenal.
  • Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum – I bought this month’s InStyle simply to get my hands on this. I have wanted to try this for so long. This in a do-it-all serum that targets virtually every skin concern.

I also got numerous sachet samples from both Kiehl’s and Clinique, but I don’t want to bore you to death. These are extremely handy when travelling, as they literally take up no space.

Another mini I received was a small tube of the infamous Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. A cult classic, and for good reason. I’m partial to a bit of the old Cleanse and Polish, its cleansing capabilities are flawless for any skin type but it does so much more than simply cleanse your skin.
I was hearing rave review of the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. Now I must admit I wanted to try it but I was somewhat skeptical of it claims. So guess what I did - I bought a mini of the Deep Sleep Pillow Spray with the Deep Sleep Balm from Boots at Christmas. And do you know what - it bloody well works. I don't know how to exactly describe its effects but you wake up in the morning (not feeling like P. Diddy but) feeling you had the most relaxing and peaceful nights sleep ever.

I just thought I'd mention that Boots has a 3 for 2 on all minis and travel sizes - on my recent visit I picked up a fairly large mini (88ml just over a quarter of the big one) of the OGX Argan Oil Shampoo. I wanted to try this because it been recommended by Caroline Hirons and Zoella. But I didn't want to spend €9.49 on a shampoo because I have an extremely sensitive scalp. So you can imagine my delight when I found another mini to add to minions!


… So there you have it. All my MINI-licious minis!
Do you think I’m a mini fanatic? If you want full reviews on any of them, then just let me know.

*all of the minis above were free with orders I made or I paid for the travel size and all opinion are most definitely my own!*

Follow



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash