20 Nov 2015

REN Vita Mineral Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil


I’m becoming more and more adventurous with my face oils, trying all sorts of different textures and blends. I know this may seem ludicrous when I have an oily combination skin but there are so many out there to choose from – balancing oils for blemish-prone skin, regenerating oils for damaged skin and oils with aromatherapy blends – and to be honest I haven’t yet found any that my skin didn’t agree with. I don’t think this is something for the day but at night-time; I have found that gently massaging oil into my face, just before bed, leaves me with really plump, glowing and revitalised skin by morning.


REN Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil is a great choice if you’re looking for an oil that’s gives you all of the nourishment and hydration that an oil gives but with a slightly lighter texture. The Omega 3 Serum Oil is extraordinarily rich in essential fatty acids, aiding cell renewal and restoring moisture levels so that the skin looks and feels younger and more hydrated. Because it’s heavy in Omegas, this will help to strengthen the lipid barrier and replenish the moisture levels, meaning it would work in hot or cold climates and on dry or oily skins. There is nothing here that will block pores on acne sufferers (hooray!). Rosehip Oil helps with this whole regenerative process (great for tackling those pesky dark spots and acne scars) and Vitamin E, from Rice Germ Oil, is a brilliant antioxidant and works to protect against damage from the environment.

This is wonderful serum/oil and, as I said, a great option if you want something really nourishing, but light in texture. This is incredibly lightweight, super-fast absorbing oil that won’t leave you like an oil slick. It smells insanely good – light & citrusy - not at all overpowering but extremely soothing and relaxing. I apply this at night with nothing on over the top and OMFG! It soothes and heals my skin like nothing else. When I first got this, I had a few irksome surface blemishes due to excess sweating in the summer heat; next morning – gone. Enough said if you have no problem with dryness; you may find that you can skip the moisturiser altogether. But if you are of a drier persuasion add a moisturiser on top. Just see how you go!

This will be invaluable to banish “winter skin”; that extra support and hydration so badly needed for when the central heating cycle kicks in and transforms your face into something that resembles the Sahara Desert. If you find yourself getting all flaky and chapped, or if your skin starts to feel dull and weather-beaten, this is an excellent booster-upper.

Now I know that it comes in a convenient pump-action bottle but I actually don’t like the packaging (sorry REN). I find that the oil goes down the front of the pump and the whole lot get messy and sticky. But I can get over this pet peeve due to it great results.

The REN Omega 3 Optimum Skin Serum Oil is €28 and is available here online and Sam McCauley and other pharmacies nationwide.



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash