20 May 2015

Close Shave | My Shaving Routine

I don’t know about you but I have had enough of the “hipster beard”! For one thing, many don’t groom and maintain their beard correctly. But personally, you can’t beat the timeless classic … a clean shaven face.
Shaving is an important part of a man’s grooming regime and for most it’s a minefield of sensitive skin, razor burn and ingrown hairs … But fret not, I am sharing my Shaving Routine that will banishes all these snags and will leave you with the closest shave ever.



I start off my Shaving Routine by cleansing or exfoliating my face and neck. It depends on the day & my skin’s needs on which product I use. Here are my favourites:
Exfoliator:
~     Clinique for Men Face Scrub (for a thorough but gentle exfoliation)
~     Origins Never A Dull Moment (a gentle, light way to brighten your skin)
~     St Ives Blemish Fighting Face Scrub (if my skin is acting up L)
Cleanser:
~     Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser (for when my skin is behaving itself, leaves it balanced)
~     La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel (just a staple, enough said!)
Right … next I’ll apply my pre-shave oil, I’m currently really liking the King of Shaves AlphaOil. I find that applying a shave oil gives me more protection and it soften my facial hair for an easier shave, it also conditions my skin and help the razor glide for a more comfortable shave.
Next up is my shaving gel; my absolute favourite is the Nivea MenSensitive Cooling Shaving Gel. It provides a generous, soothing foam that helps cool any redness or burning that may arise from shaving.
But, my favourite part of my Shaving Routine is my razor … the Gillette Fusion ProGlide with FlexBall Technology. This razor is unequalled. You can have the best of shave oils and foams but the razor makes all the difference. It is the star of your whole grooming arsenal. The FlexBall provides the closest shave, and it doesn’t cause razor burn – you can hardly feel it against your face!
Finally to finish off my Shaving Routine, I apply a dallop of the Cliniquefor Men Post Shave Soother. An excellent after-shave soother that is jam-packed with aloe vera. I smooth this over my face and neck after shaving to take down redness, calm stinging and restore moisture. With no fragrance, oil or irritants, makes it suitable for even the most flare-prone skin.
I find that by following these steps, I get the best possible shave without any nicks or razor burn. My face is transformed into a clean shaven masterpiece and most importantly my skin is comfortable and calm.

Let me know what your shaving essentials are?

Follow



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash