8 May 2015

MY TRAVEL ESSENTIALS

I recently went on a short trip to London and I thought I'd share my travel toiletry bag. I was only going for 3 days so I didn't bother to check a bag in... So I had to cram as much as I could into my 1 litre Ziploc bag. Not an easy task, I actually enjoy packing, I'm weird like that! So here's what I brought with me.





I placed my non-liquids in my Clinique travel bag that I received as a gift-with-purchase. In this I put my Gilette Fusion ProGlide Power with Flexball Technology razor and my Emma Hardie micro-fibre cloth and my toothbrush.



That was the short list; here is what I had in my Ziploc bag:
  • Arm & Hammer toothpaste
  • Lynx Dry Compressed Black
  • Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Gel
  • Head & Shoulders Citrus Fresh Shampoo
  • Original Source Lemon & Tea Tree Shower Gel
  • Sample of Clinique for Men Post Shave Healer
  • Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm decanted into a GoTubb
  • La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] (of course)
  • Origins Super Spot Remover
  • Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion decanted in a GoToob
  • Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II
  • Indeed Labs Eyslix
  • Sample of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel
  • Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm
  • Travalo with Boss Orange
I know this is a long list, but I felt I was justified and I don't think it's too extortionate of a list, is it?! Here is my reasoning; I was concerned about the drying effect of flying on my skin. I'm not a dry skin type but dehydration can exacerbate blemish prone skin but on top of that all the bacteria and germs that are recirculated in that dreaded airplane air, uurgh. So I carried my trusted skincare products that I knew would hydrate, heal but also keep my skin clear and blemish free. Not asking a whole lot am I?

I brought the Emma Hardie cleansing balm, as this deeply cleanses my skin – removes all impurities and blackheads but also adds a bit of nourishment to my skin. I justified bringing Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair II (the largest bottle) as I knew it would hydrate and heal my skin but it would also come to my aid if I got spotty L. I had just started using the Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, a salicylic acid toner, as I wanted something to gently exfoliate my skin but would a help with blemishes, so this was a no-brainer. Effaclar Duo [+] and Origins Super Spot Remover are my trusted blemish fighting duo and the Super Spot is made for travel. The Reve de Miel lip balm is ideal for traveling as it super nourishing but in a non-sticky or greasy way. I never actually used the Clinique DDM Gel (while away!) but it was handy to have with me anyway. Oh, the Travalo is a handy way to carry your aftershave without bringing a heavy bottle. And Boss Orange in my opinion is a good option for both day and night, that can cover all occasions. The rest was just my ordinary hair & body care.



I know this may seem like a lot for a guy to take on a 3 day trip but I feel it is better to be prepared, as anything can crop up ( & probs will, knowing my luck) with your skin while traveling. And I feel that with the stress of traveling, running here and there, that your skin needs extra TLC while on the move. So here's what I brought with me, what would you carry with you on a mini-holiday?

Follow



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash