12 Jun 2015

Happy Father’s Day 2015 | Gift Guide


I know that I shouldn’t be saying this but I hate when Father’s Day approaches. I never know what to buy for him? It’s so difficult to find a gift that he will like. I think it exceptionally difficult to shop for men – What does he like?? Will he use it?? All these questions swirl inside my head at just the mere thought of Father’s Day.


So this Father’s day I thought I’d share my own gift ideas with you. I’ve tried to keep it traditional but varied to cater for the most eclectic of fathers out there!

Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor with Flexball Technology and Shave Gel Set I think that you can’t beat the gift of an impeccably close shave. And also it’s a safe bet – most men shave! J The Gillette Fusion Flexball is one of the best razors out there. It responds to the contours of your face, so there's fewer whiskers missed. And above all there is no razor burn, score! Any Dad will be glad to receive this. You can find it here at Boots.



Clinique Great Skin For Him Gift Set this a great set for those that are already into skincare; but also to encourage skincare novices into reaping the benefits of a solid skincare regime. I think nothing says “I love” you more than a gift that will make the recipient look and feel better. (inside & out #emosh #yano J) You can catch it here at Boots or from Clinique.




Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne No Father’s Day would be complete without an aftershave. It is a staple and a safe bet. But will he like it? The 1 Million Cologne is an excellent gift; it is a warm and heady fragrance with excellent longevity (I could still smell it the next day!) It has rich aromatic notes of cardamom, mandarin, cinnamon, juniper berries, leather, tonka beans and patchouli. Make your Dad feel like a million dollars and grab him a bottle of Paco Rabanne 1 Million Cologne at Boots.


The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins is a really gripping thriller; the narrative is split between three women whose lives all interlink tragically. I think books are an excellent gift idea; they are personal to the recipient (if they are interested in it!) but it is a gift that he can come back to again and again. And each time that he does he will be reminded of you. You can lay your hands on a copy of The Girl On The Train here at Easons or you can find inspiration there also.

Socks! Haha! I know, a complete cop out but I bet socks are the one gift that is definitely going to be used. You can go conservative or full out novelty assault. I think these are a happy compromise, there is a sock for every day of the week! You can find them here at Debenhams. Or if you want something a little more affordable and fun then check out these Minion socks at Penney’s.


No Father’s Day would be complete without the card! The finishing flourish that seals the art of skilful present giving. You can go down the traditional cheese-y Hallmark moment road or you can head down the novelty card road. From personal experience the novelty card is always held onto for years to come and will always bring a smile (or snarl!) to his face.
So here are some ideas to set you on your way. Will you be ready for the 21st June? Remember to treasure your Dad, after all he means the world to you!

Happy shopping! & good luck!

Follow



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash