21 Aug 2015

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser


Now this is a great gentle cleanser for both men and women. Definitely being prone to acne, I know the urge (some might say compulsion) to use harsh chemically products to help clear my skin. But believe me gentle is BEST.


So right on cue, the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser. This (in my opinion is more of a face wash than a cleanser) a gentle, ever-so-slightly-foaming cleanser that doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oil and thoroughly but gently cleanses you skin. Now, I think this more suitable in the morning to freshen up your skin and remove any sweat or grime after the night. I wash my face with water and a face towel (i.e. flannel) then apply a pea-sized amount (you really don’t need a lot) of the cleanser on my hand and then massage the product into my face and neck allowing it to foam up slightly. Then I dampen my hands again under the tap and massage my face a bit, this turns the cleanser a tad milky. And finally I clean my face with the face towel.

The ingredients contain vitamin E, apricot kernel oil, avocado oil and sweet almond oil so that your skin is moisturised not stripped, all the while protecting your skin’s natural pH and oils.

I have given this cleanser a good run to test it out on my skin. I am extremely impressed with the results. My skin and complexion are clear and my face feels hydrated and soft. And it last ages, result! My skin feels better than it has in months.

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser is €18.00 online at Arnotts or by phoning their store in Wicklow St, Dublin (01 670 6667)



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash