30 Aug 2015

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion


Now I may be a tad late with my review of a gradual tanner. But I personally feel that on the cusp of going back to school/college/work is the perfect time. And also I only recently got the St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion . I don’t know about you but I kinda want to go back to dreary whatever looking my best and like I actually had some sun/fun.

I feel that a gradual tanner is a safest bet for a Man Tan; you don’t have to face to awkward questions of “Were you away recently” or my personal favourite “What’s it like to work for Willy Wonka?” With the St. Tropez gradual tanner you can build up a subtle believable golden tan.
The St. Tropez In Shower Tanning Lotion has been on the market for a couple of months and is a revolution in self-tanning.


It comes in a handy 200ml tube which looks quite inconspicuous with its aqua-blue and white packaging; so you needn’t feel shy about walking up to the till with a self-tan in your basket!

It has a 100% natural tanning agent so it should be suitable for even the most sensitive of skin types, and not cause any irritation. But more importantly/ground-breaking-ly!!!  you only have to leave it on for 3 minutes before you wash it off, aka the Eurostar of self-tanners. This basically equates to tanning minus the two dreaded Ss, which are … smell and staining.

It is extremely easy to use the St. Tropez In Shower Tanning Lotion, after you have done your usual shower-time antics, you just simply apply it to damp skin, shock horror I know – won’t it streak or go patchy? Hell No. The lotion has a nice consistency, and when applying a little really goes a long way. The lotion lathers nice and evenly to get a great coverage. I even apply this to my face and neck, and it super duper easy - just massage in the lotion and hello golden glow!

The great thing about this tan is that you can do it yourself with ease, as you’re applying it to wet skin it glides over the skin without having to have a degree in contortionism. But REMEMBER to wash your hands after applying it, pay particular attention to your palms, in between fingers and your nails after use. You do not want to look like you were using your hands to paint the fence!
Then the waiting comes… 3 minutes to kill while waiting wet in the shower… in the nud … Honestly,  it not that bad, I just brush my teeth until I’ve reached the peak tanning time. Then a quick rise and I’m good to go. But remember that when you’re drying off, just pat yourself dry rather than rubbing, you don’t want to undo all your hard work!

The colour will develop throughout the day and the great thing you can wear your clothes with confidence as I personally have never had any colour transfer and there is no digestive biscuit smell.

I have quite pale skin, but I do tan naturally quite quickly but I also lose it super-fast too. With the St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion the tan colour I receive is very gradual but it does work! When I apply these kind of products, I’ll usually have my face pressed up to the mirror, to see any faults. With this I couldn’t; I actually thought it had done nothing. So I decided to do a patch test.  Not a normal patch test, I’ll let you know, I put a plaster in an inconspicuous location  and then applied the St. Tropez In Shower Lotion.  And do you know what it did give an unbelievably natural; flawless golden brown tan, even after one application. I did have to use this product two days in a row to achieve my desired bronzage. And then every third day to maintain it.

So this is great if you don’t want look like you’ve been to the Caribbean overnight but not too good if you’re after that instant tan hit. However the colour that I did receive was very natural. And not a single snide fake tan gibe, RESULT!

The St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion is a great gradual tanning product for guys. It’s easy to use and it’s pretty fool proof.  The colour is great and natural looking. 3 minutes well spent when the compliments will come flowing in …

St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion is €19.99 and is available here online at Boots and in-store at Boots nationwide.






Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash