28 Aug 2015

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is deemed to be a cult product by the beauty industry.  It has won over a hundred awards. But is it worthy of such status? Hell yeah, it is!

Cleanse and Polish is basically a clay cleanser, suitable for all skin types. Now I’m little hesitant when a product is designed for all skin types, but I can genuinely say that Cleanse and Polish (C&P) did work for me and It’s definitely for everyone.

Liz Earle advocates that it only uses “Naturally Active Ingredients” in their products and this is why the trusty C&P is so effective. The featured moisturising ingredients are beeswax and cocoa, which are non-comodogenic, meaning C&P won’t block your pores. Here is the natural and effective ingredients that make Cleanse and Polish such an impressive product:
  • Beeswax -the beeswax has skin protecting properties and helps to relieve chapped skin and it is also a natural anti-bacterial.
  • Eucalyptus Essential Oil - this refreshing and cooling essential oil has decongestant properties and is used by aromatherapists to ease muscular aches and pains.
  • Glycerin - a humectant (attracts water), drawing atmospheric water onto the skin to aid hydration.
  • Hops Extract - this herbal extract has astringent and toning properties.
  • D-panthenol - or Pro-Vitamin B5, this B vitamin is necessary for the normal functioning of the skin and has a moisturising effect. It also stimulates cellular renewal.
  • Cocoa Butter - this rich, creamy butter has moisturising effects on the skin.
  • Rosemary Essential Oil - has a fresh pungent aroma and is very invigorating and stimulating. The extract has beneficial antioxidant properties.
  • Chamomile Essential Oil - a gentle essential oil used for soothing the skin

You apply the cleanser onto dry skin and massage in. I only use ¼ - ½ a pump; I feel I don’t need any more, as I’m just cleansing my skin. It feels amazingly rich and comforting to massage this in.  The smell is so comforting and relaxing. Now this is what I do (totally optional) – I next wet my hands and massage my face again. I feel this draws the cleanser out with any impurities and I just get a more thorough and deep cleanse. Next I use the muslin cloth provided or a face cloth and simply wipe it away.

My skin is left like silk, and especially an oily/combination skin like mine was not left shiny and greasy, but soft, smooth, hydrated and calmed. My skin afterwords felt amazing and it just glowed! My skin definitely has a reduced shine, as this is so effective at cleansing my skin but without stripping away any of its natural oils.

The product is designed to be used every day; morning and evening, but I prefer to use this as a night-time cleanse. I think that it is more suited to night-time use, as the smell and the facial message helps you unwind after a long stressful day.

I also picked up this limited edition Cleanse & Polish with Orange Flower and Chamomile, the same reliable C&P but with a gorgeous and invigorating scent. Pure bliss!

I am definitely hooked to the Cleanse & Polish simply for its amazing results.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit is €17 and is available here online from Liz Earle or Boots.
And yes I know there is a Men’s version; but I prefer the soothing green packaging over the dull and boring brown packaging. Anyway it’s the same product!



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash