9 Oct 2015

Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic

Are you cursed with disobedient, blemish-prone skin like mine? Then I’ll let you in on a little secret – acid toning.  Not those traditional alcohol ridden toner but 21st century toners that gently exfoliate and refine your skin.  


Step forward the Pixi Glow Tonic it’s an exfoliating toner that helps to tone, firm and tighten the skin. It removes dead skin cells for healthier looking skin. And best of all, the Glow Tonic is an oil-free, alcohol-free, gentle but astringent toner. The Glow Tonic packs a fair punch with 5% glycolic acid, this loosens the excess accumulation of dead skin cells and thus exfoliates and unblocks pores. But it soothes with aloe vera, which relieves any redness. It also contains witch hazel to tone and smooth skin while also softening the skin’s texture. Ginseng is a natural supplier of oxygen, which enhances cell efficacy and horse chestnut stimulates the skin and circulation.

I use this after cleansing my face in the evening. Pixi say to swipe it over the face with a cotton pad, I don’t! I apply it directly to my fingertips and swipe it over my face. I actually stopped using it for a while and when I applied it again, I found that tingle, ooh you know it’s working then! I love to feel that a product is actually working. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin. It has helped with some post-blemish redness, and feint acne scars, which seem less visible.

If you want to try a chemical exfoliant then the Pixi Glow Tonic is an excellent one to start with. It packs a punch but is super gentle at the same time. 

Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic is available here at PIXI and at Cult Beauty.




Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash