16 Oct 2015

Falling Into Winter | Seasonal Essentials

See what I did there Falling into Winter, get it! ... no just me okay moving briskly on  
   
Today I thought I would share my seasonal essential for Autumn and Winter.  I love this time of the year; crisp, sunny days filled with anticipation of Christmas (I know I said it!). But most importantly filled with the little luxuries, which we can’t use in summer.

The Anthony Logistics for Men Glycolic Facial Cleanser is a stellar cleanser for year round use but it’s especially comes into its own during autumn/winter. This cleanser with glycolic acid keeps your skin super clean and blemish free. What I really like about this is that it brightens my skin, no dull ashy skin for me which I can be prone to at this time of the year. Check it out here at 4Men.ie and Mankind.co.uk.

I am totally smitten with the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief (you can read my full review here). Skin can become a tad dehydrated and flaky in the fall of the year; even oily skin. This can exasperate both acne and dry skin conditions. This instantly rehydrates and soothes your skin but is non greasy – it’s a super light weight gel. So to quench you skin’s thirst, use Clinique MoistureSurge.

Another seasonal favourite is the Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate. This is great as a night time indulgence – it locks in hydration like your life depends on it! But it also fantastic at healing any kind of pigmentation one might have. Oh, did I mention that is smells ahh-mazin! You can find it here at Liz Earle or Boots.

Clarins Men Anti-Fatigue Eye Serum is ideal for this time of the year; with getting up in the dark and what not. And wooh let’s not forget all the parties and nights out that frequent this busy period. This eye serum will banish any dark circle and puffiness – so everyone will think you were tucked up in front of the fire. You can read all my thoughts on it here. And you can find it here.  

I know this may be a strange one to include in an Autumn/Winter essential but with the sun hibernating until next May, one has to take some action to fight off a ghostly pallor. My two favourites are the St. Tropez Gradual Tan In Shower Lotion (at Boots & full review) and the St. Moriz Medium Tanning Lotion (here at Boots). I’m definitely not advocating to go all out but a light-handed hint-of-a-tint to have you looking you best at this hectic time. And both of these heavenly tanning lotion (cause there St) give the best natural tan ever.

This time of the year wouldn’t be complete with the quintessential transitional item ever – the scarf. Nothing says autumn/winter as eloquently than the scarf. It practical and stylish and adds immediate cosiness to any outfit. I’m particularly partial to any kind of a wine, maroon, burgundy scarf; like the one here.

ahh cosy slippers! Nothing beats coming home after a long hard day on your feet and ripping off your shoes and flinging those dreaded (and sweaty) socks across the room. And then slipping your aching feet into a warm soft lush pair of slippers.  My top tip is to leave your slippers in the hot press (airing cupboard) and they’ll be lovely and toasty when you arrive in the door.

The most notorious item associated with this time of the year is the coat. I love to have a leather jacket in autumn – the weather can be so changeable and not gonna lie, they’re just plain cool! Pair it with the above mentioned scarf and bang instant autumn style. I love wearing a coat and my favourite is my ¾ length charcoal funnel neck coat. It’s super warm and stylish and I actually don’t know I lived without it. it so versatile - its great for being uber smart work and formal events (graduations, particularly at this time of the year) or pair it with a knitted jumper and some black jeans and you're ready to take on the world. 

My final Falling into Winter essential is a hot chocolate. Personally hot chocolate is dabomb.com; I really lust after the Starbucks hot chocolate.  But Starbucks is a distant luxury for me (it literally and hour and a half to the closest). I like to fill my Starbucks mug to the brim with warm creamy chocolatey goodness, with a roaring fire in the background while watching TV.

I nearly forgot an important staple – the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm is ideal for autumn/winter as it super nourishing but in a non-sticky or greasy way. It stays put all day long. No bitter wind will turn my lips into sandpaper. You can find it here.


There you have my Falling into Winter basics. What are your staples for autumn/winter?



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash