11 Mar 2016

Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate

This was actually the first Kiehl’s product I bought (over a year ago!) and the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate is an excellent all-rounder serum, for all skin types and skin concerns.


But what exactly is the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, well it’s an oil based serum formulated with 99.8% natural Derived ingredients including Squalane, Evening Primrose Oil, Omega-6 Fatty Acids and Essential Oils including Lavender. And is paraben-free and the glass bottle and dropper is made from recycled glass, and all housed in a 100% recycled board carton.

Don’t panic that this is an oil. I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive to try it out, being an oily combination skin type. But after summoning the courage, I was so glad that I did. The Midnight Recovery Concentrate was an absolute dream to use. This easily absorbed elixir helps the skin to recover radiance by morning, with skin feeling smoother and softer and the formula provides a boost of intensive moisture to dehydrated skin. The light-weight oil formula instantly penetrates the skin surface to help replenish it with moisture. I find that the effective combination of essential oils and the accompanying ingredients calm, soften, rehydrated, and brighten the skin by the morning by kick starting your skin’s natural, overnight recovery processes. I find that it also works wonders on active breakouts, I even used it on a cystic spot and it greatly help relieve it – both in size and redness.

I place 3-4 drops directly onto my face and massage it into my cleansed face. It sinks in straightaway and didn’t leave me greasy or shiny in the slightest. I don’t apply a moisturiser over the Midnight Recovery Concentrate. But if you feel you need to just place your regular moisturiser over it to seal in the hydration. After using the Midnight Recovery Concentrate for nearly a year (mostly every second night), my skin looks incredible, fresher and more supple with a natural radiant glow.

Oh! and the Midnight Recovery Concentrate smells insanely good and the aroma of lavender will definitely send you off to a well-earned beauty sleep.

I have the Midnight Recovery Concentrate for over a year and it looks like I have barely made a dent in it, definitely worth the initial investment.

If you are on the hunt for an excellent all-rounder serum then the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate is definitely worth a try. I actually find this to be my forget-me product - in the best way; you keep reaching for it without even thinking and when you need something to repair and sooth, it tops the list.

The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate is available online at Kiehl's and Arnotts or by phoning their store in Wicklow St, Dublin (01 670 6667)

*I would actually again recommend phoning the Kiehl’s store, as they give out free samples! with free shipping*

You can find me on   Follow me on Twitter   Follow on Instagram  



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash