29 Apr 2016

My Like-y List

This is the closest I’ll ever come to doing a “Monthly Favourites”.  I don’t know how some people find so many new amazing products every single month!

I must be too boring for that!  So I have compiled all the things that I have been lovin’ recently …


  • FYI   I am extremely partial to a good pair of Ray-Bans I was trawling through ASOS and I came across these bad boys – Ray-Ban Round Metal Sunglasses. I just love them!! I feel their retro vibe is perfect for summer 2016. 
  • I recently invested in a pair of Levi’s. And do you know what I wish I had taken the plunge sooner. The quality and the fit are second to none. I now have two pairs – these black ones and a pair of dark wash indigo ones. I do try to keep my Levi’s for good wear (it can’t just be an Irish thing) i.e. going out and events. An everyday alternative that are nearly on par with the Levi’s are the BurtonMenswear black jeans.
  • I have been a long-time advocate of card holders (check out my Mulberry post). A cardholder takes up literally no space in my pocket and it fits in the bare essentials. I saw this Aspinal of Londonslim card holder in Midnight blue and I had serious lust. My other wallets are all of brown / tan / black variety and I wanted a splash of colour. You can find the Aspinal of London card holders at John Lewis or House of Fraser.
  • I have rediscovered the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser. I was using this on a daily basis but I was fickle and moved onto something else. BUT I came to my beloved Ultra Facial Cleanser! It cleanses skin to a T and doesn’t dry out my skin and strip it of it natural oils.  You can read my full review here.
  • My skin has been really well behaved at the minute (touch wood ) and I have actually cut down on the different blemish busting products I was using to just 1. The Estée Lauder Clear Difference Serum is ideal – I can slap it on when I feel I’m getting a tad congested and I find that even after a single use my skin is looking clear and dare I say it almost perfect! You can find the Clear Difference Serum at Boots and John Lewis.
  • I have only recently written a post about The Body Shop Drops of Youth Essence-Lotion. It is so so good. Its light gel to water texture is amazingly cooling and refreshing. It adds lightweight moisture and it boosts the efficacy of any product that is applied on top of it. What’s not to like! 
  • I am really digging Chanel’s Bleu de Chanel again. I just find it so refreshing and light for Spring / Summer. I have literally worn this every day since February. You can wear it heading out to work but also hitting the town in the evening. You can grab Bleu de Chanel at Boots and John Lewis. Oh you can check out my full review here.
  • And finally my TV fav is … Bates Motel. I have only recently got into Bates Motel; it’s not my usual choice of TV show, but I’m weirdly enjoying it. I wouldn’t binge watch it but I am definitely hooked! I can’t wait to see how things will escalate around Norman. And what other “incidents” will result because of his strange bond / obsession with his mother.  It’s also a huge bonus that it has short seasons.
So there you have my Like-y List … let me know what you have been liking recently and please tell me that I’m not the only one mind-numbingly boring not to have a monthly favourites every month. 

You can find me on   Follow me on Twitter   Follow on Instagram  



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash