26 Jun 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser



It was a bit like Mission Impossible to get this moisturiser; I had heard numerous positive, absolutely glowing (pun intended!) reviews online and in YouTube videos … so off I headed to the Body Shop in Limerick – not there! So I ended up ordering it online on the UK The Body Shop website and then using the Parcel Connect service to eventually get my hands on it! … Anyway… phew, I digress; mini-rant out of the way.

This is a lightweight gel-cream, water-based, extremely nourishing moisturiser. This gel-cream texture makes it an absolute dream to use. Everyone should use a moisturiser, no matter how oily your skin is –  if you're oily (like me) then this is right up your street. Nonetheless, it’s great for all skin types but if you’re a little dryer you may wish to top it up with something a little richer, say a hydrating serum like Hydraluron.



Let’s just take a second to admire how gorgeous the packaging is?! It is way more mature, sophisticated and expensive-looking than the standard The Body Shop fare. It's definitely aesthetically pleasing; with its smooth jar and the simple but striking clear lines of the packaging.
This is jam packed (with my beloved Vitamin C; do you see a pattern!) with Vitamin C extracted from Camu Camu berry in the form of tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate; a variant of Vitamin C that is more stabilized and thus penetrates deeper into the skin. The Camu Camu berry comes all the way from the Amazon (not the website!) Rainforest in Peru. The Amazonian Camu Camu berries contain up to 60 times more Vitamin C levels than an orange. Vitamin C is an absolute powerhouse for the skin and works as an antioxidant to protect your skin from free radical damage and for more information on exactly what Vitamin C does and how it works, check out my review of the Kiehl’s Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate.  Moreover it really calms and brightens the skin, hydrates it, plumps it (due to the hydration), and calms even more with Aloe Vera extract.

I am currently loving using this in the morning on top of either Effaclar Duo [+] or the Avène Cleanance Expert - I find this combination keeps my skin clear and glowing but (most importantly) not greasy. You don't need to apply a load of it either; just a tiny dollop as it spreads and moisturises with ease!
I actually think I’m in love! My skin is left feeling ultra-smooth and hydrated when it’s applied; my skin looks brighter and energized – simply refreshed! The hydration lasts all throughout the day; I also noticed that my skin (t-zone) wasn’t getting as oily with this. A sure sign that my skin was adequately hydrated! And let’s not forget the smell … it is divine; a fresh invigorating citrusy blast that will put a real pep in your step and in your skin. A bit of aromatherapy to start off my day!  But don’t worry; it doesn’t linger on the skin. This is definitely going to be my summer day-time moisturiser.
The Body Shop Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser is €21 and is available here online and it may be available in-store also.


I did go a tad overboard - I got the Virgin Mojito Shower Gel; love this ~ an intoxicating (aroma-wise!) fresh minty and citrus-y scents of lime and mint that lathers up really well. I also got the Facial Massager: ideal and super handy for a quick facial massage! to help flush away any toxins.

Follow



Clinique For Men Sonic & Charcoal Wash